Would you or your organization like to bring a smile to a senior in need this holiday season? We have compiled a list of items you can collect to help share some joy this holiday season!
Are you 55+ and interested in learning more about how you can serve at a nonprofit agency in Mesa through the AmeriCorps program? Part-time positions run September 1, 2019 and run through August 31, 2020. Visit our Career Openings page to view open positions.
Learn about how you can change the life of someone in need.
Donate the gifts of your time and talents through volunteering!
You'd be surprised at how far we can stretch a dollar.
Help make Mesa a better community! Read on to find out how you can get involved.
The Guide is a monthly publication of East Valley Adult Resources. Check out the latest issue and learn about activities and offerings available at our two Active Adult Centers.
Hot, nutritious lunches are served at 11:30am daily (M-F) at both of our Active Adult Centers. View the current menus for meals served at both our Centers and through Meals on Wheels.
Improve your community by joining our cause. You'd be surprised at what a huge difference a little bit of your time can make.
Staying positive is much easier said than done, especially in these hectic times. Consider these 5 steps from PositivityBlog.com:
1. Appreciate, appreciate, appreciate! People often want appreciation from others. It can become a craving need. Instead, start to appreciate everything around you, such as: the sunshine, your food and your health.
2. Focus on what you want, not on what you don’t want. It is very easy to fall into a habit of focusing your thoughts on what you don’t want rather than what you want. If you do that then it will be hard to get what you want in life. If you want to improve your finances then focus on having a great financial situation rather than your lack of money and your debts. If you want a new relationship then focus on meeting a lot of new people and forming great relationships rather than focusing on your loneliness and your lack.
3. Educate and explore yourself. Self-education can be a great help to live a better life. Read great books on the areas of your life you want to improve. Maybe it’s it your financial situation or your health. Or maybe it’s your relationships. Ask people with more success in that area what they did to improve. This is also a great way to get to know yourself better and understand why you think, feel and do – or don’t do – the things you do.
4. Take action in your life. “Just do it!” is a nice slogan. If you feel that fear is holding you back from doing something, there are practical solutions that have been used for thousands of years. Take small steps and confront your fear little by little. At least you’re taking action.
5. Improve your social skills. Happiness really comes from having positive relationships with other people. Improving your communication skills can greatly improve your life.