Our Core Programs
EVAR impacts thousands of older adults and their families in the East Valley through five core programs:
- Center-Based Services are provided at Mesa Active Adult Center and Red Mountain Active Adult Center. Services and activities include: congregate meals; Lunch & Learns and cafes; health and wellness support and activities; education programs; and social activities.
- Meals on Wheels Program offers nutritious meals for isolated homebound older or disabled adults, coupled with essential wellness checks. Options are available including Home Delivered Meals (subsidized program), Meals for You (private pay), and Transitional Meals (frozen short-term meals).
- In-Home Support assists physically challenged individuals. Volunteer Services match homebound neighbors with caring volunteers for essential transportation, grocery shopping, and friendly visits. Home Care provides respite, personal care, and housekeeping support through trained home care aides.
- Outreach / Social Services Program assists older adults and their families in navigating and accessing needed social services, benefits, and health resources. Services include nutrition resources, community health education programs, and information and referral / care consultation.
- Contracted Programs enable EVAR to provide elements of quality core programs in partnership with other organizations. Current contracts include the provision of Center-Based Services and Outreach at independent living communities, and the provision of nutritious catered meals for neighboring senior centers.